if you follow me on istagram, you know i’ve been in paris this week…thought it would be fun to share a few of my favorite things about my trip for ‘friday favorites!”
– first, i came to paris for the 27th biennale des antiquaires– paris’ fabled antiques and haute joaillerie event. the event has taken place every 2 years since 1962. the opening party was fantastic and very crowded, it was so fun running around with my friends suzanne kasler and keith arnold- jacques grange transformed the grand palais into a versailles garden of treasures!
– another highlight of the trip was seeing the hubert de givenchy exhibition at christies. the exhibit/private sale features antiques from the empire period, many of the pieces our givenchy’s own. if you are familiar with givenchy’s paris apartment, this will stir your soul- it did mine!
– ok, i don’t usually go on about celebrities i see out in public, but it was fun seeing sofia coppola shopping at céline the other day…she was beyond chic and had a beautiful smile- i’m now a bigger fan than i already was.
– next, the dries van noten stores in the left bank are always a first stop for me in paris…..every time i come away obsessed with saffron yellow (the saffron silk curtains in the women’s store are everything), but i have to say the store doesn’t hold a candle to the dries van noten fashion exhibition taken place at the musée des arts décoratifs– absolutely amazing, a must see!
– lastly, my constant companion all over paris has been my new j.crew field mechanic jacket/ buy here…seriously i’ve worn it everyday with rth chinos and cashmere sweatshirts during the day and over suits and washed oxfords at night (girls- you can wear the xs). the best jacket ever, and i’m a very, very tough critic- buy it!
lastly, i leave you with my favorite pinterest pins of the week, and if you look close they all have a bit of france in them! enjoy!